Friday, July 10, 2020

Fully Finished Gallery - July, 2020

The Fully Finished Gallery SAL was created by Rachel at Ten Hour Stitcher to encourage us to fully finish our projects instead of just storing them in a drawer or box rarely to be seen again.  Click on the link to see more details and what other stitchers have posted.  Thank you Rachel for encouraging us to finish our unfinished projects.

I only fully finished three projects this month and all of them were recent finishes.  I did go through a couple of my drawers and do some sorting and deciding on how and which ones to finish next though.

First up is Egg-ceptional.  I added a pink felt backing and made a magnet to go on the back and it's now on my refrigerator.

Next was Pizza Slice which got a brownish felt backing and another magnet.  It's also on my refrigerator.

Finally, I pulled out Trimming the Tree which I stitched a couple of months ago.  The going through and sorting above took place because I was looking for the other Blue Ribbon Designs project so that I could finish it the same way.  I backed this one with a white 3x5 card and then attached it to some green felt and added a red ribbon hanger to make an ornament.  It's in my drawer of finished Christmas ornaments waiting for the tree to be put up in December.

4 comments:

Suzanne H said...

I've popped over from the Fully Finished Gallery. I love your magnets and your BRD finish. I'm doing a collection of BRD designs. Can you tell me if this was in a Just Cross Stitch issue? My email is spharky at yahoo dot com.
Lovely stitching!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on the finishes this month. The pizza slice still makes me laugh and it is perfect for a fridge magnet. You could use it to hold the pizza takeaway menu in place!

Astrids dragon said...

All three look great, I like the pink background for the bunny.

Rachel said...

Thank you for joining in with the FFG SAL. I love the way your little Mill Hills are backed with felt to make them stand out a little more. I look forward to seeing what your sorting out might produce in the way of FFOs in the coming months. :)