Sunday, February 24, 2019

February WIPocalypse

February so far, has been a good stitchy month even though I haven't stitched much the last couple of days.  I've worked on 10 projects and had another seven finishes.  I'm carrying over three projects, one of which is a SAL that's released every Wednesday, one of which is a year long SAL and the other should be finished before the end of the month.  As for my goals:

1) YOW - I finished two more projects, both Advent Animals, and worked on one more:
Ethan Elephant - Brooke's Books
Ping Panda - Brooke's Books
Eagles - Dimensions Kit
2) Finish squares for Kyleigh's quilt.  I didn't stitch any this month.

3a)  Participate in Leslie Teare's 2019 Owl SAL.   I haven't stitched the February Owl yet.

3b) Participate in the Christmas Ornie SAL. 
Consumed by Gifts - Brittercup Design (2009 JCS Ornament Issue)


 I also stitched my February Ornament.
Merry 2008 - Glory Bee (2008 JCS Ornament Issue)
3c) Participate in the JCS Christmas SAL. I finished stitching my ornament for February.
Merry Stocking - Ursula Michael (2018 JCS Ornament Issue)
4) Continue to stitch for charity.  My only square for charity is still a WIP.  This for WOCS and the theme is pink flowers.

 5) Stitch an undetermined number of Mill Hill kits, at least one being from the Christmas Village series.  I didn't stitch any so far this month.

6) Stitch on 69 projects this year as a SAL with Linda of Stitching with my Furbabies.  I've stitched on seven additional projects this month for a total of 17 so far:  Ping Panda, Merry 2008, Merry Stocking, Pink Flowers and:
Anemone - Leslie Teare (4 parts done)
January - Palko Lap (Oops!  I forgot to add the border)
February - Palko Lap
7) Finally, I've added an additional goal for 2019:  to fully finish at least one project a month to participate in the Fully Finished SAL.  I finished my January ornament for the JCS SAL into a Christmas ornament.
I also finished an old bookmark to give to my granddaughter for Valentines Day.
 Question of the Month
What do you listen to while stitching?  If my husband is home, I usually watch TV with him; if he's not home, I'll either watch TV or just enjoy the silence.






4 comments:

Astrids dragon said...

All great stitching, and a lovely bookmark.

Katie said...

Fantastic work on everything. Great goals.

Faith... said...

You have been very busy! Everything looks great.

Rachel said...

That's a lot of stitching for the month! Well done on meeting some of your goals and being well on the way to others. The elephant and panda are really cute, although I hope they're not real candles on the panda's head otherwise Health and Safety might have something to say!! :)