Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Wednesday Update - 2/6/2019

Again, this was a good stitchy week.  I stitched everyday and had three finishes.  The finishes are:

Started: 5/16/2018  Finished: 2/4/2019
This is Ethan Elephant, the 21st animal in the Advent Animals series from Brooke's Books.  It's stitched on 14-count misty blue Aida as charted with the called for DMC except that I used two strands when three were called for.  This is the third YOW project that I've completed this year.

Started: 1/26/2019 Finished: 2/3/2019
This is Consumed by Gifts by Brittercup Designs.  It came from the 2010 JCS Christmas Ornament issue.  It's stitched on 14-count gold dusted Aida and is stitched with DMC.  I'd say that it was stitched as charted, and it was, but there were several unintentional customizations and fudging involved.  I stitched this for the Christmas Ornie SAL.  I was supposed to stitch something out of the 2009 issue, but it's the only one I can't find at the moment.

Started: 1/30/2019  Finished: 2/3/2019
This is the free February square from Palko Lap.  It's stitched as charted on lite pink 25-count Lugana with DMC 4211.  I haven't decided whether to FFO this as a pillow or as a quilt so it will remain un-FFO'd until the others are finished.

This is Part 1 of Anemone, a free blackwork SAL from Leslie Teare.   There are supposed to be black french knots or black petite beads surrounding the dark center, but I haven't added them yet.

This is Merry 2008 from the 2008 JCS Christmas Ornament Issue and is being stitched for the Christmas Ornie SAL for the month of February.




5 comments:

Astrids dragon said...

All great finishes, that elephant is so cute!

Faith... said...

Love the kitties and your February looks great! Good progress on everything Cathy.

Rachel said...

Great work! The elephant and cat are really cute, and I love love love the February colours! Glad you got the issues with the cat sorted out and created your own unique piece. You would never know! :)

Katie said...

Fantastic work this week!

StitchThrifty said...

Ethan is too cute! I also love that February stitch. I have added you to my reader and look forward to following your progress. I am also stitching the advent animals and the LJT Owls.