Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Wednesday Update - 2/20/2019

It's Wednesday again and that means it's time for my weekly update.  I did a lot of stitching this week, but it didn't seem like much until I totaled it up.

I stitched every day and worked on seven different projects, two of which have since been trashed.  I'm learning that my stitching abilities are changing so certain charts are no longer a good idea even if I do think I want to stitch them.  I have decided that when I encounter one of these charts, I will trash it instead of being frustrated with it or turning it into an unloved UFO.

I managed to finish another three projects this week:
Started: 2/8/2019 Finished: 2/14/2019
This is the free January square from the Palko Lap SAL.  It's stitched on light blue 25-count Aida with DMC Variations #4022.  It will now join February in the Waiting to be Finished drawer until the rest of the squares are completed or until I decide how I want to finish them, most probably into a quilt.
Started: 2/9/2019  Finished: 2/15/2019
This is Merry Stocking by Ursula Michael from the 2018 JCS Ornament issue.  It was stitched on 14-count gold dusted Aida with DMC 816 mostly as charted, but with a couple of unintentional modifications (seems to be the story of my life lately.).  This was stitched for the JCS Stitch Along on Facebook.  I am making several ornaments using this Aida and complimentary threads and plan on making them into a wall hanging.

Started: 5/17/2018  Finished: 2/19/2019
Ping Panda is the 22nd animal in the Brooke's Books Advent Animals free series.  It's stitched on 14-count misty blue Aida with DMC threads as charted except that I used two strands instead of three in the border.  This is one of my YOW projects and it's also being stitched for the Winter SAL Take Two at Cross Stitch Frog Busters.  Here is the whole thing to date:

I also stitched part 3 of the free Anemone Blackwork SAL by Leslie Teare.

And I started another project.  It's from the Beautiful Blooms Needlebooks article in Enjoy Cross Stitch, Hearts and Flowers from Spring, 2017.  This is for the Pink Flowers SAL at World of Charity Stitching.

6 comments:

Faith... said...

Everything looks great! That Advent calendar is almost finished. I have those Months all stitched up too, just have to do something with them...

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything. The way I look at it stitching is supposed to be a hobby and you are supposed to enjoy something you do as a hobby. If you aren't happy don't worry about it and move onto something that makes you happy. So I'm glad you are finding it okay to get rid of unwanted pieces and move onto better ones. Keep up that gorgeous work.

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your finishes and your progress. I love the Christmas Stocking even more now it's finished!
I'm curious to know (= nosey) which projects you trashed and why, but you don't have to say if you don't want to. It's good you're thinking positively to avoid similar pitfalls in the future. :)

Cathy said...

Great progress! Love the advent animals! I have these in my stash.

Tiffany said...

love the stitching, very nicely done

Astrids dragon said...

I'm sorry you had to trash some stitching, but better than being frustrated and not enjoy it.
Your finishes look great, I love the mini stocking!
I like the Anemone Blackwork, I've been thinking of doing that one.