Sunday, February 10, 2019

Fully Finished SAL

This is a new SAL hosted by Rachel of Ten Hour Stitcher.  Each month we're supposed to fully finish at least one of our finished projects and post it on the 10th of each month.  For more information, click the icon in the sidebar.

This month I only managed to fully finish one project and it wasn't an easy process.  I originally tried to finish it as a card, but I accidentally cut the piece too small on one side so that idea went out the window when I couldn't find my Christmas embellishments.  (I really need to do a deep clean/de-clutter  of my home office/craft room.)

Instead, I decided to back it with a partial 3x5 card for stiffness and a piece of red felt.  The hanger is made of Mill Hill beads (3050) which is kind of goldish, although it looks more silver in the picture.


9 comments:

Katie said...

Looks great. Congrats on the finished finish!

butterfly said...

Sweet stitch ,nice finish too.

Mary said...

Very cute finish.

Rachel said...

Thanks for joining in the SAL! It doesn't matter that there's only one finish - one is more than none and that's an A* in my book!
I think it looks lovely with the frayed edges against the red felt. You can't go wrong with red for Christmas! :)

Faith... said...

I love how you finished Joy! Congrats on a FFO!!

Sheryl said...

This is lovely Cathy, what a very good idea to finish it as you have and I like the beaded hanger.

Astrids dragon said...

It looks great for making a mistake and it not being a card!

Sue said...

What a lovely finish. Your beaded hanger looks great.

Suzanne H said...

I love this finish technique. Especially the beaded hangar. Congrats!