Friday, May 10, 2019

Fully Finished Gallery - May

This SAL was created by Rachel at Ten Hour Stitcher  to encourage us to fully finish our projects that have been waiting patiently in boxes, drawers or bags. Click the link to find out more about it or to see what others have accomplished.

I went through one of my drawers to see what could be easily finished and came up with a set of Pirate Puppets.  They were stitched many years ago and came from the Crazy Kids section of an old Cross Stitch Crazy magazine.  Unfortunately, I don't know which issue.  I think they were supposed to be finger puppets backed with felt, but I had another set that I'd finished this way so I decided to do the same thing.  I attached a Popsicle stick and felt to the back and then cut around the design which was stitched on plastic canvas.
 

I also pulled out a few other projects to be finished as ornaments and I've come up with the finishing method for the Anemone project.

7 comments:

Mary said...

Aww, your puppets turned out so cute. I can't wait to see how you finish the Anemone project.

Rachel said...

Thank you for joining in the SAL again this month. For small projects stitched on plastic canvas this is such a simple but effective finishing technique and it's good to know these little characters have now been rescued from their UFO box. Tell me though, when you were FFOing them, were you giving them voices and having conversations?!! :)

butterfly said...

So cute love them.

Rita said...

So cute! Thank for the inspiration.

Faith... said...

How cute are they! Great finishing idea. Congrats Cathy

Katie said...

Oh I just love these! Too cute!!!

Astrids dragon said...

These turned out wonderful! Do you think they'll be played with or displayed?