Monday, May 27, 2019

WIPacolypse - May

It's time for my WIPacolypse post for May.   I didn't realize it was so early this month, but I'm still on time, because I saw some of the other posts.  This is a SAL run by Measi at Measi's Musings where we try to finish all our WIPs by the end of the world.  I set myself several goals for the year and I'm using this SAL to keep track.  You can see what others are doing by clicking the link above.

I managed to stitch on three projects every day this month except Friday (5/24) when I went to the Angels' game and forgot my scissors.  

1) YOW - Again, I only worked on one project this month.
Tinkerbell - The Art of Disney
2) Finish squares for Kyleigh's quilt - I stitched one.
Unicorn - Cross Stitch Crazy #251
3a) Participate in Leslie Teare's 2019 Owl SAL - I finished April and am working on May.
April Owl - Leslie Teare
May Owl - Leslie Teare
3b) Participate in the Christmas Ornie SAL - Again, I didn't stitch one this month.

3c) Participate in the JCS Christmas SAL - I stitched ornaments for both April and May so I'm caught up on this SAL.
Dashing through the Snow - Lucie Heaton
Redwork Borders - Elizabeth's Needlework Designs
4) Continue to stitch for charity - Other than the owls which will be going to WOCS, I didn't do any charity stitching this month.

5) Stitch an undetermined number of Mill Hill kits, at least one being from the Christmas Village series.  I finally worked on a Mill Hill kit, my first this year. 
Harvest Barn
 6) Stitch on 69 projects this year as a SAL with Linda of Stitching with my Furbabies.  I stitched on five additional projects this month for a total of 33. The five are Tinkerbell, Dashing through the Snow, Harvest Barn, May Owl and Redwork Borders.  I also figured out a more accurate way of counting so I know this total is correct.  

7) Fully finish at least one project a month to participate in the Fully Finished SAL - I finished five items this month.
Dashing through the Snow
Pirate Finger Puppets

I'm also doing a Monogamous Monthly Stitch where I add at least one stitch a day to a single project for the month.  For the Month of May, I've chosen Tinkerbell and I've managed to add at least one stitch every day (most days, I added about 15 minutes worth).
As of 6/21/2018
As of 5/26/2019
Question of the Month: Where do you love to shop for stash?
I get most of my charts/kits from 123Stitch.com, but I get fabric and floss from Jo-Ann, Michael's and Hobby Lobby since I mostly use Aida and DMC.  I have a large selection of specialty fabric and floss so I shop for that in my stash.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on working on 33 projects this year Cathy. You'll make your goal. I'm pretty sure I will too. I was hoping to get 70 finishes but I'm sure thats not going to happen. Great progress and congrats on all of the pretty finishes.

Linda

Katie said...

Congrats on all the beautiful progress and great projects. Love the finishes!!

butterfly said...

Well done ,lots of beautiful stitching I love them all.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great update. The daily stitching on Tinkerbell really makes a difference to the progress.
Love the rustic way you finishing Dashing Through the Snow.

Rachel said...

So many projects worked on during the month, resulting in finishes and FFOs too! Your way of finishing Dashing Through the Snow has given me an idea, but my only concern is cutting so close to the stitching. Was that a concern for you too? :)

OhSewCrafty said...

Wow, Tinkerbell is gorgeous! The pirates are adorable and I like your rainbow unicorn too. Lots of lovely project this month.