Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness - May

 Gifted Gorgeousness is a SAL managed by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching where we post projects that either utilize gifted materials (charts/fabric/floss) or are gifts for someone else.  You can click on the link above to see Jo's link up post.

I have four projects that qualify as gifts this month, all being gifts for someone else.

The first two are projects I stitched for the charity quilt group, Q4OC (Quilts for Older Children and Adults).
Angelic Doodle
Jack Russell Terrier
The third project is for the charity quilt group, WOCS (World of Charity Stitching).
April Owl
 The final project was stitched for my granddaughter's quilt of favorite things.
Unicorn
I also won the prize for participating in the April Fun event at Q4OC.  You had to post whether you preferred sunrise or sunset and why.  I chose sunset, because I love the way things look just before it gets dark.  The prize was five 13 x 13" squares of white Aida, zigzagged and pre-centered as well as a pack of 3x5" floss bags.   The squares will be used for future projects for Q4OC.  

I still haven't spent my gift certificate from Rachel (Ten Hour Stitcher), but I saw some new Mill Hill charts that need to be added to my stash so once they reach 123Stitch, it will be spent.  I also need to buy some fabric and needles, but I wanted to use the gift certificate on something more special.


8 comments:

Elfie said...

I just adore all your stitching - the colours are so joyous. The angelic doodle is my particular favourite. I've had a lovely visit!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
I also like the doodle Angel, such a sweet and simple design but very effective.
I quite agree about spending the gift cert on something special too. So you can continue to post for GG!

Julie said...

Pretty projects you've been working on, the angel is very effective.

jocondine said...

Love the angel a lot but I think my granddaughter would prefer the so cute unicorn. xxx

Rachel said...

Lovely generous gifts again. I've a few Mill Hill kits in my stash and really find it hard not to buy more. Can't wait to see which one(s) you have chosen to spend your gift certificate on! :)

Katie said...

Great gifts.

FlashinScissors said...

Pretty stitching and you received some lovely gifts!
Barbara xx

Astrids dragon said...

All sweet stitching, those owls are so adorable.
Winning and shopping, you can't to wrong! Have fun!