Monday, November 9, 2020

Naughty November Update - 11/9/2020

 Naughty November is the brainchild of Rachel at Ten hour Stitcher  and Tiff at  Tiffstitches  where you work on a new project every weekend in November.  You can go to Rachel's blog (click the link) to see what others worked on.

Since I've already joined the 2020 Christmasitis group on Facebook where we start a new project everyday in November and December, I decided to join here as well.  This was my start for the first weekend.

Started: 11/7/2020
Finished: 11/8/2020
Total Time: 3 hours 47 minutes

This is Christmas Roadster from The World of Cross Stitching #261 and was designed by Cheryl McKinnon of Tiny Modernist, Inc.  It's stitched as charted on 14-count white Aida, but I changed some of the colors, most notably the color of the car.  It was supposed to be red.

At Rachel's suggestion/request, I'm also going to show my Christmasitis starts for the week, but just the starts.  If you want to see what they'll look like finished, check out my Weekly Update posts.
 
11/1 - Modern Nordic Ornament (2017 JCS Ornament Issue - Ink Circles)

11/2 - Gingerbread Santa (2015 Winter CS&N - Barbara Sestok)

11/3 - Gingerbread Girl (2015 Winter CS&N - Barbara Sestok)

11/4 - Winter Retro Car (World of Cross Stitching #261 - Cheryl McKinnon)

11/4 - Merry Camper Van (World of Cross Stitching #261 - Cheryl McKinnon)

11/6 - Jolly Pickup Truck (World of Cross Stitching #261 - Cheryl McKinnon

11/7 - Christmas Roadster (World of Cross Stitching #261 - Cheryl McKinnon

11/8 - Festive Woody (World of Cross Stitching #261 - Cheryl McKinnon

Next week will be the rest of the vehicles as well as a couple of animals and some stockings. And just maybe a much larger one as well.


 

 

 

7 comments:

Faith... said...

Oh no Cathy! A new start every day of November and December! I don't know if I could do that but I am cheering you on with every stitch! Today I am starting the Peppermint Purple! :) Have a good stitching week.

Katie said...

Wow. Great new starts!!!

Tiffstitch said...

Oh my goodness! I mean, I probably have the stash for this, but can't imagine the organization. Well done!

FlashinScissors said...

Oh my goodness, I have a lot of colours but it seems whatever I choose to stitch I just don’t have the exact colours needed.
You must be very organised, well done!
Have a great week, and enjoy the stitching!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Rachel said...

Wow! As if Maynia wasn't enough you're undertaking another 61 new starts?! I've achieved that once but, unlike mine, yours are small and sensible (at least so far!) and I congratulate you for that.
Thanks for showing them all for naughty November. I look forward to seeing many more starts, and perhaps maybe even some finishes, during the month. :)

Linda said...

I so love all of your new starts Cathy. Now I'm on a mission to find the patterns for those adorable vehicles.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Good luck with the Startitis! I think I'll stick with mini starts at the weekends.
The little truck is lovely, the turquoise is very pretty.