Thursday, November 5, 2020

Weekly Update - 11/5/2020

 It's been a long time since I've done a weekly update, but I'm finally back on track, at least somewhat, so I decided it was time to start again.

First up is my Peppermint Purple SAL.  Since my last update, I've stitched the squares for weeks 44 and 45.  Week 44 was stitched with DMC Variegated #75 and took 1 hour 16 minutes to stitch.

Week 44 was stitched with DMC Variegated #52 and took 34 minutes to stitch.  

It's hard to believe that there's only seven weeks left until the end of the SAL AND the end of the year.  It's even too big for my scanner now.

Next up is my large project that is being worked on Q-Snaps on my floor stand.  Because it's a SAL that's supposed to be done by the end of the year, I've pulled out Deer Scene.

As of 4/18/2020


As of 11/5/2020

Somehow, I've also managed to get involved with the 2020 Christmasitis Group on Facebook where we're supposed to start a new Christmas project everyday during both November and December so I've decided to include my starts here as well.  I don't know how many I'll actually get started, but I do have a lot I'd like to stitch so I'll do as many as I can.

November 1st - Modern Nordic Ornament (2017 JCS Ornament Issue - Ink Circles)  This is being stitched on 14-count Gold Flecked Aida with Coloris #4519.


November 2nd - Gingerbread Santa (Winter 2015 Cross Stitch & Needlework - Barbara Sestok) This is being stitched on brown perforated paper with the called for DMC except that I couldn't find my 435 so I'm using 436 and 437 for the border instead of 435 and 436.


November 3rd - Gingerbread Girl (Winter 2015 Cross Stitch & Needlework - Barbara Sestok)  This is being stitched on brown perforated paper with the called for DMC except that I couldn't find my 435 so I'm using 436 and 437 for the border instead of 435 and 436.


November 4th - Winter Retro Car (The World of Cross Stitching #261 - Cheryl McKinnon)  After I took the picture, I changed my mind about the fabric so I'm actually using 14-count white Aida and stitching the car in DMC 666.





 



3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness! As if 31 new starts for Maynia wasn't enough????
I wish you the best of luck with Christmasitis, however many you decide to start. Your cross stitch charity will not be short of supplies next year and, in the meantime, us readers will be treated to lots of lovely Christmas smalls and hopefully some Christmas bling. Good luck! :)

Linda said...

Love all of your new starts Cathy.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Year of Blackwork is a wonderful project. Nice work on the deer too, it looks like a deer now it has legs!
Good luck with the new starts, I really like the Ink Circles one.