Friday, November 27, 2020

Smalls SAL - Catch Up Post

 It's the last Friday of the month so it's time to post the small projects we've stitched during the month.  This SAL is hosted by Mary at Mary's Thread.  Thank you Mary for continuing to host this SAL.  You can click the link for more information and/or to see what small projects others have stitched.  

I haven't posted for this SAL since August, so I decided to post all four months together. 

August, 2020 - This was a normal stitching month for me as I hadn't lost my MOJO yet.

October Owl - Leslie Teare

Crimson Cardinal - Mill Hill

Rainbow Dash - My Little Pony

Merry & Bright - 2017 JCS Ornament Issue (Lucie Heaton)

November Owl - Leslie Teare

Snow Fun - Mill Hill

September -This was a Mill Hill only month with very little other stitching.

Violin - Mill Hill

Reindeer Games - Mill Hill

Dracula - Mill Hill
 

October - I did even less stitching in October, but did manage to finish two that were needed for gifts.

Welcome Owl for Q4OC

Tea Mug for Astrid's Dad

November, 2020 - I regained my Stitching Mojo in November by joining the 2020 Christmasitis SAL where we start a new project everyday in November and December.  You can see my starts in  other posts, but here are my finishes.

 
Started: 5/28/2020
Finished: 11/3/2020
Total Stitching Time: 6 hours 21 minutes
This is Holiday Panda from the Mill Hill Winter Holiday Collection.  It's stitched on the provided white perforated paper as charted (except for a couple of unintentional customizations) with the provided floss.

Started: 11/7/2020
Finished: 11/8/2020
Total Stitching Time: 3 hours 47 minutes
This is the Christmas Roadster from from Cross Stitch Crazy #261, designed by Cheryl McKinnon.  It was my seventh start for the Christmasitis SAL on Facebook.  It's stitched on white 14-count Aida as charted with most of the called for colors.  I did change the color of the car, the trunk of the tree and the tail light.

Started: 11/6/2020
Finished: 11/11/2020
This is the Jolly Pickup Truck from Crazy #261, designed by Cheryl McKinnon.  It was my sixth start for the Christmasitis SAL on Facebook.  It's stitched on white 14-count Aida as charted with the called for colors except that I changed the color of the truck from yellow to red.
 
Started: 11/12/2020
Finished: 11/14/2020
Total Stitching Time: 6 hours 13 minutes
This is The Holly and the Ivy stocking from an older issue of Cross Stitch Crazy.  It was designed by Diane Machin and was my 12th start for the Christmasitis SAL.  It's stitched on 14-count silver flecked Aida as charted with the called for DMC.

Started: 11/2/2020
Finished: 11/16/2020
Total Stitching Time: 4 hours 54 minutes
This is Gingerbread Santa from the Winter 2015 Cross Stitch and Needlework magazine.  It was designed by Barbara Sestok and was my second start for the Christmasitis SAL.  It's stitched on brown perforated paper as charted and with most of the called for DMC. The only exception is that I couldn't find my 435 so instead of the borders being 435 and 436, they're 436 and 437.
 
 
Started: 11/11/2020
Finished: 11/23/2020
Total Stitching Time: 6 hours 52 minutes
Santa Paws was in Cross Stitch Crazy #260 and was designed by Lucie Heaton.  It was the 11th start for the Christmasitis SAL.  It's stitched on white 14-count perforated plastic as charted with the called for DMC.  The only change I made was to stop the whiskers at the edge of the stitching so it would be easier to cut out.    This one will definitely be staying here with me!

Started: 11/4/2020
Finished: 11/27/2020
Total Stitching Time: 4 hours 8 minutes
This is the Winter Retro Car, better known as a Volkswagon Beetle.  It's also from Cross Stitch Crazy #261 and designed by Cheryl McKinnon.  It's stitched on white 14-count Aida as charted with the called for DMC, except that I did change the color of the car from orange to red.  In retrospect, I should have left it orange and made it into a Christmas card for my brother who used to own an orange VW.












8 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary's Thread said...

What great smalls! You have a lot! It's great to see all the variety! I've stitched that Mill Hill Snowman and Violin myself. Mill Hills are always so fun. Thanks for joining the SAL!

Mary's Thread said...

You can delete this comment which I accidentally made with another family member's account!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous work on your Smalls! The little cars are a sweet series and I love all the Mill Hill kits.

Faith... said...

Lots of cute smalls. I love those Owls you stitched up.

Rachel said...

These are great smalls. When you chunk a few months together it's a good reminder of how amazing your year has been, despite the blip. I can't wait to see your year end statistics; your new starts are sure to be in treble figures?! :)

Katie said...

Love them all. Great work!!

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely finishes! You've done so many.