Monday, June 20, 2022

Rivers West Tour - Day 12

 FYI - I've been without Internet for over a week so I'm behind on this blog.  We now have MIFI so I can blog again.  Of course, having the time to do so is also an issue and I know I'm forgetting a lot of stuff.

Today we were in Fort Pierre/Pierre, South Dakota.  This city is interesting, because one side of the river is on Central Time and the other is on Mountain Time.  We stayed on Central Time during our time here.

This is the view from our campsite.  We're on a hill which overlooks the city.


Today we visited the South Dakota State Capital.  The first two pictures are some of the first ladies and their gowns for their husbands' first inauguration.  


The next one is of the wagon master taking a picture of the dome.  Several others got smart and took selfies instead.

 These are pictures of some of the features of the capital.  The floor is terrazzo and was hand laid.

 




We also visited the South Dakota Cultural Heritage Building, but again, I only took one picture.  This time it was of the outside of the building.

We were treated to dinner at the Cattleman's Club Steakhouse.  David ordered a 12-ounce sirloin and I ordered the jumbo shrimp and we shared.  Personally, I wish I'd just eaten the shrimp.

Tomorrow is a travel day and the destination is Bismarck, South Dakota.


 

No comments: