Saturday, February 29, 2020

WIPacolypse - February

This SAL was originally meant to help stitchers finish all their WIPs before the end of the world and has turned into a SAL where most users share their stitching and goals for the previous month.  You can find more information and check out other stitchers' posts at Measi's Blog.

 In my introduction post, I set some goals for this year:

1) Stitch Deer Scene from Dimensions - I haven't started it yet, but need to start it before March 15th..

2)  Finish Let's Learn From Our Cat by Ursula Michael - DONE

3) Finish Big Trees - I haven't worked on it yet.
4) Finish Advent Animals by Brooke's Books - I haven't worked on this yet, but plan to stitch #19 in March.
5) Finish Tinkerbell - I haven't worked on it yet.
6) Finish Leslie Teare's 2019 Owl SAL.  The August Owl is finished.

 

7) Complete the Peppermint Purple Year Long SAL on Facebook.  So far, so good!
 
8) Complete the 2020 Stitcher's Challenge on Q4OC (Quilts for Older Children and Adults).  I haven't started any of these squares yet.
 
In addition to these, I'll be stitching smaller pieces for Christmas ornaments, Charity Quilts and Kyleigh's quilt which still needs a few more squares.
Ladybird K for Kyleigh's Quilt
Furry Tales Valentine Mouse for WOCS

Father Christmas for my tree

Christmas Bullfinch for the JCS SAL on Facebook (in progress)
Question of the Month: In honor of “Leap Year,” tell the story of a time you had to make some sort of a “leap” in stitching – taking the chance on a new style of stitching, attending a meetup or class, etc.


This month I messed up the centering on  Let's Learn From Our Cat and took a leap of faith that I'd be able to finish it with enough left at the top for framing.  I also charted the names of the cats and it's the first time, I've done this so that's my leap in cross stitch.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

You're doing well with your goals for the year... there's still plenty of time so stitch on those you haven't yet touched. You can do it!! :)

Julie said...

The owl is lovely. The new WIP is looking good.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for Cat Lessons. It looks great with the cats' names in the middle.

Katie said...

Congrats on the finish. I like how you added their names. Good luck with your March goals.