Saturday, February 29, 2020

Happy Dance - Let's Learn From Our Cat

Started: 12/25/2019
Finished: 2/28/2020
Stitching Time: 43 hours, 42 minutes

This is Let's Learn From Our Cat by Ursula Michael.  It's stitched on light blue 14-count Aida, but I changed all the colors to be more compatible with my granddaughter's room.  I attempted to do this as charted, but ran into several problems and made quite a few mistakes. 

The biggest mistake I made was not centering it vertically on the correct center line.  I took some of the fabric left on the bottom and added it to the top.  Because I made several mistakes in the big cat, I was left with about 4 squares at the top which I hope will be enough for framing.

Because of this, I wasn't able to stitch the words: Lessons From Our Cats in the big cat.  At the suggestion of a couple of people, I charted the cats' names instead.

This will be a birthday present for my granddaughter who will turn 12 at the end of this month.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations on yet another Happy Dance, and this time a bigger one!
Four squares should just about be enough for framing. I hope Kyleigh likes it. :)

Astrids dragon said...

It turned out beautifully, I'm sure she'll love it!
You can always add some fabric to the top if you need it for framing, I've had to do that before.

Julie said...

A lovely and special gift for your granddaughter.

Katie said...

Fantastic finish. Hope you can get it framed. Just depends on the framer I think.