Sunday, June 14, 2020

Fully Finished Gallery - June, 2020

The Fully Finished Gallery SAL was created by Rachel at Ten Hour Stitcher to encourage us to fully finish our projects instead of just storing them in a drawer or box never to be seen again.  Click on the link to see more details and what other stitchers have posted.  Thank you Rachel for encouraging us to finish our unfinished projects.

Unlike that last couple of months when I didn't do any finishing, this month I do have finishes -- lots of them!

My Pad
I added a light blue backing and glued the provided magnet on the back.  It now resides on my refrigerator.  BTW, I decided not to add the charm after all.

Father Christmas
Since I finally got the beads I needed, I made a hanger and added dark green felt to the back.  He's now in my drawer of finished Christmas ornaments to go on my tree this Christmas.

 Derpy Hooves
I backed it with light purple felt and added a hanger made of light yellow beads.  It has already been received by the recipient.
 

Three Kings
I stitched this one back in 2018 and finally decided it was time to fully finish it.  I backed it with red felt and added a hanger of gold beads.  I was going to use dark blue felt, but I didn't have any and I think it looks better this way anyway. 

Angel with Dove
This is another one that I stitched in 2018 and finally got around to finishing.  I backed it with light blue felt to bring out the blue in her robe and added a gold beaded chain.

Tree Shopping
This was stitched in 2019.   I backed it in dark green felt and added a red bead hanger.  I wanted to use red felt, but I didn't have enough left so I decided to use dark green instead.  The red beads are some that my husband found at a neighbor's garage sale.  He bought them for Kyleigh, but I appropriated them.


All American Santa 
I stitched him in 2019 and he's finished with a red felt backing (I found another sheet of red felt) and a red bead hanger.  Again, the beads came from the batch my husband got from a garage sale.

Church in the Snow
This one was also stitched in 2018. I added a light blue felt backing and a gold beaded hanger.

Title Unknown
This is a really old project that I finished long before I started blogging in 2008 so I don't know it's name.  It was from a group that I'd made into magnets and the rest have been displayed on my refrigerator for years.  I don't know how I missed this one.   I found it when looking for something to send a friend for her birthday.    I backed it in red felt and added a magnet and it's been received by my friend.

Red Christmas
This was stitched earlier this year and I held off finishing it because it was to be diamond shaped rather than square shaped and I couldn't figure out how to do it.  I finally decided to finish it as a  square, but as I was doing so, I figured out that all I had to do was attach the hanger to a corner instead of a side..  Duh!

I attached it to a piece of the same fabric used on the front with a running stitch and fringed the edges.  The hanger is some red ribbon I had in my stash.  It, along with all the other ornaments are in my drawer waiting for Christmas.

American Star
This came with a pin back, but I rarely wear pins so I didn't want it.  I asked Kyleigh if she wanted it.  She didn't want a pin, but said she'd like a magnet instead so that's what I did.   This is backed with white felt and a magnet was glued on the back. 

Santa
I don't remember making this one so I think it was a gift from one of my sisters.  It may or may not have had a hanger on it originally, but when I found it in my "to be finished" drawer, it did not.  I backed it with dark green felt and added a gold beaded hanger.

American Pie
I stitched this back in 2017, but never finished it.  I backed it in red felt and added a magnet to the back.  It's now displayed on my refrigerator.

And that's all for this month.  I doubt if next month will be as good, but I'm hoping for at least a couple of finishes.

8 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the awesome finishes Cathy. I'll send you mine to finish. lol

Linda

Faith... said...

You do have quite a few finishes this month Cathy! I love the button idea for Santa's beard and Red Christmas is so pretty. Great job on all of them!

Julie said...

So many finishes for this months post, well done

Astrids dragon said...

Wow, you had a fantastic finishing month. You certainly have plenty of ornaments for your Christmas tree and your fridge must look pretty flashy too!

Annie said...

Oh my, you have been good!! I love all your finishes; they look amazing!!!

Mary's Thread said...

Wow! I love all your ornaments! Mill Hill is one of my favorites! Your tree is going to look amazing with all the new ornies on it this year!

Katie said...

Wohoo!!! Great finishes.

Rachel said...

I can't believe I didn't comment and thank you for taking part in June's SAL. Wow, what a fantastic month for finishing things off. The felt border really makes the little Mill Hill ornies pop. Same number of FFOs again next month?!!! :)