Thursday, April 18, 2019

Wednesday Update - 4/17/2019 on the 18th

I'm actually a day late this time, because I knew I was going to have two finishes last night and wanted to be able to post them this week.  I think I'm back to my normal stitching routine at the moment, but I'm very behind on my monthly pieces and blog posts.

My first finish was the Anemone, a free blackwork SAL on Facebook and her blog by Leslie Teare.  Part 12, the final backstitching was posted yesterday so I finished it last night.

It's stitched on light blue 14-count Aida as charted with the called for DMC I'm not sure how I'm going to FFO this yet, but I think I might stick it in a hoop.  It's got petite black beads on it so it can't be a quilt square.
Started:2/4/2019  Finished: 4/17/2019
My second finish is a Jack Russell Terrier by Durene Jones.  This was the Pet of the Month from World of Cross Stitching #266.  It's stitched on 14-count white Aida mostly as charted with the called for DMC.  I left the backstitching around the border off because I didn't think it was needed.  The backstitching was the fussy type that includes 1/4 and 3/4 back stitches so some of those might not be exact and there is one error in it that I decided to ignore.
This is part of the Dogs SAL for a lap quilt for Quilts for Older Children and Adults.   It's been my focus this week since it's due in Pennsylvania on  or before May 1st.

Started: 4/12/2019  Finished: 4/17/2019
Since stitching at least one stitch a day on Big Trees for the month of March was a success, I decided to do it again in April with a different project.  This is Eagles by Dimensions and is being stitched for both the Year Long Dimensions SAL on Cross Stitch Frog Busters and YOW 2019 at Soulful Stitches.  Of course, I'm stitching more than one stitch every night, usually managing 15-20 minutes before bed. 
As of 4/10/2019
 As you can see in the picture below, there is a two column error that has occurred because I miscounted the first row.  Since it's all sky, I'll compensate for it when I stitch the next portion.

As of 4/17/2019

5 comments:

Ann C. said...

Congratulations on finishing the Blackwork Anemone SAL. It looks beautiful!!

Katie said...

Congrats on your fantastic finishes. Love the SAL. Great work on the eagles.

Faith... said...

Your Anemone looks great! Cute puppy but I really look forward to seeing your eagles!

Rachel said...

Sorry about the error, but on a pattern like that it hopefully won't be difficult to correct. The little dog is gorgeous and, of course, Anemone is looking more impressive each month. :)

Astrids dragon said...

Oh wow, your SAL looks fantastic! I really like that one.
Awe, what a sweet pup, he looks good.
That looks like an easy fix, I hope it is for you!