Saturday, April 27, 2019

March WIPacolypse

I'm very late for my March WIPacolypse post.  And, March was not a good month for stitching or otherwise.  I only managed to work on seven projects finishing five of them, one of which was finished finished.   I did manage to stitch everyday this month though. As for my goals, I could have done a lot better and am starting to get behind, but I did have some success:

1) YOW - I worked on two projects this month.
Eagles - Dimensions

Big Trees  - National Park Needlework

2) Finish squares for Kyleigh's quilt - I didn't stitch any this month.

3a)  Participate in Leslie Teare's 2019 Owl SAL.  I finished both the February and March Owls.
February Owl - Leslie Teare
March Owl - Leslie Teare

3b) Participate in the Christmas Ornie SAL - I didn't stitch one this month.

3c) Participate in the JCS Christmas SAL. I finished stitching my ornament for March.
Caroling Cardinals - 2018 JCS Ornament Issue

4) Continue to stitch for charity - I finished Pink Flowers for WOCS.


6) Stitch on 69 projects this year as a SAL with Linda of Stitching with my Furbabies.  I've stitched on four additional projects this month for a total of 25 so far.  The four this month are Caroling Cardinals, March Owl, Big Trees and
March - Palko Lap

7) Finally, I've added an additional goal for 2019:  to fully finish at least one project a month to participate in the Fully Finished SAL.  I finished Love is in the Air into a card using the materials in the free cover kit.


We also had a One Month Challenge this month where we're supposed to choose a project and add at least one stitch a day for the month of March.  I've chosen Big Trees from National Park Needlework and was so successful that I've decided to do it again next month with a different project.
As of 7/18/2018
As of 3/31/2019

Question of the Month: What newer designers and product creators (fabric or floss dyeing, etc) out there have you discovered and recommend?  I recently discovered Maria Brovko who has a Facebook group, Cross Stitch Designs by Maria Brovko.  I really like some of her designs.

No comments: