Sunday, April 28, 2019

April WIPacolypse



It's time for the WIPacolypse post for April.   This is a SAL run by Measi at Measi's Musings where we try to finish all our WIPs by the end of the world.  I set myself several goals for the year and I'm using this SAL to keep track.

I managed to stitch everyday this month, but didn't make a lot of progress.   I could have done a lot better and am behind on some of my goals, but I did have some success:

1) YOW - I only worked on one project this month.

Eagles - Dimensions

2) Finish squares for Kyleigh's quilt - I didn't stitch any this month.
 
3a) Participate in Leslie Teare's 2019 Owl SAL - I haven't started the April owl yet.

3b) Participate in the Christmas Ornie SAL - I didn't stitch one this month.

3c) Participate in the JCS Christmas SAL - I didn't stitch one this month.

4) Continue to stitch for charity - I finished two pieces for Q4OC this month.


Angelic Doodle - Daily Cross Stitch
Jack Russell Terrier - Durene Jones (WOX #266)

 6) Stitch on 69 projects this year as a SAL with Linda of Stitching with my Furbabies.  I stitched on four additional projects this month for a total of 29.   The four this month are Angelic Doodle, Jack Russell Terrier and these two.
Fabulous Pineapple - Jenny Barton (Crazy #192)
April Palko Lap

7) Fully finish at least one project a month to participate in the Fully Finished SAL - I didn't finish finish any this month.

I also extended the One Month Challenge from March with a different project,  We were supposed to choose one project and add at least one stitch a day for the month of March.  I love this challenge because it's what's made me stitch everyday.  One stitch is definitely doable, but once I pick up the project, I usually stitch for maybe five to 10 minutes, sometimes even longer.  For the month of April, I chose to work on Eagles by Dimensions. 

As of 4/1/2019

As of 4/28/2019
Question of the Month: Talk to us about your longest-running WIP or UFO.  I honestly don't remember my oldest UFO, but it was probably started sometime in the early 1990's.  The oldest WIP in my current rotation is Tinkerbell from Art by Disney.  I don't remember when I started it, but I think it's about eight years old. It was about 1/2 finished when I picked it up again last year and it's now about 3/4 finished.

No comments: