Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Fully Finished Gallery - March

I'm posting really late this time and the Link-Up is closed so I won't be linking up on Rachel's post.  Of course, I'm not only late with this SAL, but with all of my SAL's this month as well as the February Recap and my Wednesday Updates as well.

Where have I been and why haven't I posted?  Well, early in March , my husband came home and said he no longer worked for Angels Baseball; after 36 years, they'd decided they no longer needed him and terminated his contract.  Between that and multiple doctors' appointments, tests, etc. for the both of us, plus a bout with depression on my part, very little got done during the month of March.  We also took a three day trip the last week of March to relax and recharge and I definitely think it helped.

So, there will be several posts coming to catch you up on the stitching and grandma (which hasn't slowed down either) portions of my life in the next few days.  Normally I backdate these posts, but I've decided not to this time.

On to my Fully Finished Objects for March:

This is an old finish, named appropriately, Rejoice.  It's so old that I don't remember any of the details, but it was most likely a kit.  I was looking in one of my Drawers of Shame (yes, I have more than one!) for something for my granddaughter for Valentines Day and found this bookmark that I figured she could use in her Bible.  I added a piece of felt to the back and called it done.


My second FFO was finished in March and was the free cover kit from The World of Cross Stitching #278.  This was also an easy finish since all I had to do was stick it in the card included in the kit.  It's being added to my stitched stash of birthday cards.


That's it!  Only two simple finishes, but that's probably more than I would have had if I hadn't joined this SAL.  I'm looking forward to more this month, but since it's already the second, I'd better get busy!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Had to smile about your multiple Drawers of shame but that's because the drawers are small, right? Two lovely finishes. Hope your granddaughter liked her bookmark. :)

Mary said...

Lovely finishes

Katie said...

So sorry for all the trouble March brought you. Here's hoping April is much much better. Beautiful finishes.

Astrids dragon said...

I'm sorry March wasn't a good month for both of you, I hope April has been better for you so far.
Both sweet finishes and I love how easy it is to put it in the card and you're done!