Friday, March 27, 2020

Happy Dance and Peppermint Purple Update

Started: 3/24/2020
Finished: 3/26/2020
Stitching Time: 2 1/2 hours

This Irish Fairy is from an old issue of Cross Stitch Crazy and was designed by Lucie Heaton for her Challenge Lucie column.  

It's stitched on white 14-count Aida as charted with the called for floss except that I substituted 744 for the 726 called for again, because I still can't find my 726.  (My daughter brought me a skein along with our groceries last night.)

This is another square for Kyleigh's quilt.  I chose this one because she's part Irish on her father's side and her name is spelled the Gaelic way.

Next Up: Violin

I also finished this week's block for the Peppermint Purple SAL.  Believe it or not, this is the 13th week of 2020 so this is the 13th block.  This time I used DMC Variations #4245 and it only took 40 minutes to stitch.

I also want to thank Jo (Serendipitous Stitching) who pointed out that I'd missed several stitches in block 12 and then sent me a picture with the errors circled so that they were easy to find and fix.  Here's the corrected block:

And here's the whole SAL so far:



7 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your Irish Fairy is so cute. I am loving your Peppermint Purple SAL, it's so colourful and a great sampler of different stitching.

butterfly said...

Love the Irish Fairy .
Your SAL is looking great.
Happy weekend.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Irish Fairy is adorable! My iPad autocorrects Kyleigh's name to Kayleigh each time. Maybe because I'm a Marillion fan? I don't know LOL
The blackwork looks lovely, it was worth frogging the Celtic Knots.

Julie said...

I love seeing the blackwork each week, but how can it be 13 weeks I've been looking at it?

Kaisievic said...

Wow! It is coming along beautifully and well done, Jo!

Katie said...

Okay adorable. Love the Irish fairy. My dad's side is Irish. The blackwork is looking fantastic. Leave it to Jo to find the oops and help out.

Astrids dragon said...

Awe, what a sweet little fairy.
Good for Jo helping you out, the whole thing looks great!