Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Happy Dance - Christmas Bullfinch

Started: 2/24/2020
Finished: 3/2/2020
Total Hours Stitched: 7 hours and 54 minutes

Christmas Bullfinch appeared in the 2019 JCS ornament issue and was designed by Punochka.  

It's stitched on beige 14-count Aida and stitched as charted with the called for DMC floss, except that I couldn't find my 3777 so used 355 on the bird instead.  I also substituted 347 for the 3777 in the ornaments and used black for the backstitching instead of white.  It looks like there should be another snowflake in the upper left corner, but it wasn't charted for one and I decided to leave it as is.

This is the February ornament for the JCS SAL on Facebook and  I will be making it into a small pillow.

8 comments:

Katie said...

Cute finish! Looks great.

Christine said...

He's lovely!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I really liked this little design and think it will look great with the one by The Little Stitcher chosen for later this year.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

ps maybe you could add a snowflake charm if you feel the pillow needs a little something in that top corner?

Faith... said...

Love that bird!

Julie said...

He's really sweet

Rachel said...

So sweet! I love seeing cardinals on winter/Christmas designs. :)

Astrids dragon said...

Awe, he's adorable!