Monday, March 30, 2020

Happy Dance - Violin

Started: 3/26/2020
Finished: 3/29/2020
Stitching Time: 2 hours 58 minutes

This violin came from Cross Stitch Crazy #256 and was designed by Fiona Baker.  

It's stitched on white 14-count Aida.  I wanted to change it to normal violin colors, but my attempt failed so I started over with the called for colors.  It's stitched as charted, but I left off the border since none of Kyleigh's other squares have a border.

This square will be going on Kyleigh's quilt and I chose it because her grandfather took her to a garage sale and let her play with a violin.  She immediately signed up for Beginning Strings at school and has taken the class twice.

Next Up: Cheerleader


5 comments:

butterfly said...

Nice stitching ,and a lovely story.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great square for a music fan.

Katie said...

Another fantastic piece.

Astrids dragon said...

A fun stitch to remember the start of playing the violin! Is she still practicing?

Rachel said...

I can't say I've ever seen a purple violin. I wonder why it was charted in those colours? Hopefully Kyleigh will keep up her music lessons. :)