Sunday, January 5, 2020

A Finished Quilt and a New SAL

I've posted before that some of my stitching goes to charity stitching groups to be made into quilts.  I stitched this little dog for a SAL with Quilts for Older Children and Adults  (Q4OC).
I thought you might like to see the quilt is was used on.
Bottom portion showing my square
The whole quilt

I've also joined a new SAL from Peppermint Purple on Facebook.  It's a 52-part blackwork SAL that comes out every Wednesday and can be found here.
This is the first part.  The SAL will be done on 14-count white Aida and this part is done in DMC Variations 4022.  I originally intended to do it all in this color, but now I'm thinking of doing each block in a different DMC Variations or maybe alternating several colors.


6 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely dog stitch and I love your Quilt.
Happy New Year.

Rachel said...

How lovely to see how your stitched pieces end up.
I hope you enjoy your new SAL. It looks like each weekly part will be easily achievable and very pretty if stitched in variegated threads. :)

Katie said...

Oh I love the dog piece and the quilt is just adorable. Love the SAL. I'm trying not to join haha. I will just enjoy your progress instead.

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a beautiful quilt that will give do much comfort. My mum makes quilts for charity. Good luck with your blackwork SAL

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a lovely little dog and a great quilt too. Nice start on the blackwork SAL.

Astrids dragon said...

He makes a wonderful addition to the dog quilt! What a treasure.
I've seen that SAL and I've thought about joining in, you're off to a good start!