Sunday, January 26, 2020

WIPacolypse - January



This SAL was originally meant to help stitchers finish all their WIPs before the end of the world and has turned into a SAL where most users share their stitching and goals for the previous month.  You can find more information and check out other stitchers' posts at Measi's Blog.

I first joined this SAL last year and kept up with it until around May when all my plans for the year went up in smoke.  I hope to do better this year.

In my introduction post, I set some goals for this year:

1) Stitch Deer Scene from Dimensions - I haven't started it yet, but probably will next month

2)  Finish Let's Learn From Our Cat by Ursula Michael.  I am stitching on this after every completed small project and hope to complete it by the end of February.  It's now over 1/2 done.
As of 1/1/2020
As of 1/21/2020
3) Finish Big Trees - I haven't worked on it yet.

4) Finish Advent Animals by Brooke's Books - I haven't worked on this yet, but plan to stitch #19 in February.

5) Finish Tinkerbell - I haven't worked on it yet.

6) Finish Leslie Teare's 2019 Owl SAL.  The August Owl is in progress.

 7) Complete the Peppermint Purple Year Long SAL on Facebook.  So far, so good!
 

8) Complete the 2020 Stitcher's Challenge on Q4OC (Quilts for Older Children and Adults).  I haven't started any of these squares yet.

Other projects that I stitched/finished this month:
Furry Tales Happy New Year - World of Cross Stitching #276
St. Nicholas - Mill Hill
Moose Joy - 2019 JCS Ornament Issue

Question of the Month: What SALs are you participating in this year?
Along with the WIPacolypse SAL, I'm participating in the Fully Finished Gallery SAL, Gifted Gorgeousness SAL and the Smalls SAL.  I'm also participating in two Facebook SALs: the JCS Ornament SAL where we stitch an ornament from the 2019 JCS Ornament Issue each month and the Peppermint Purple Year Long SAL.




9 comments:

Julie said...

Great stitching this month for this SAL, the cat project has grown a lot.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on your goals. We are actually keeping the end of the world at bay with our WIPs, it can't end while there are unfinished projects to stitch!

Kaisievic said...

I particularly like Let's Learn from our cats. Cute project.

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching on all your projects .

LindaLee said...

Your stitching is so pretty, and I love it that you're participating in the year long stitch along with all the pretty boxes. I have the fabric ready for it and the colors chosen, but haven't even started it yet. I feel guilty with my "Mares Eat Oats" not yet finished! Crazy I know. I had to laugh at what Jo said about the end of the world and her WIPs. I have said many times that it can't come yet because I have too many charts and WIPs to finish first!
You have a great week with lots of blessings within it my friend.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great stitching, love your New Year mouse

Katie said...

Gorgeous work on everything. Let's Learn has really changed a lot!! Fantastic progress. Keep it up!

Tiffstitch said...

Great progress and finishes! I'm working on the JCS ornament now after reaching my full coverage goals. I think I might get it finished by the end of Friday, so that's still technically in January.

Rachel said...

Like you said in one of your goals, so far so good this year. Fingers crossed your plans don't go up in smoke a second time! :)