Friday, January 10, 2020

Peppermint Purple SAL - Week 2

The chart for Week 2 of the Peppermint Purple Year Long Blackwork SAL on Facebook came out on Wednesday, January 8th and I went ahead and stitched it immediately.  The hardest thing about this SAL is figuring out which colors to use.  I'm seriously considering frogging Week 2 and just using one color throughout.  Any opinions?

Week 2's block is stitched using DMC Variations #4190 and took about 1 1/2 hours to stitch since there was some frogging involved.

Here are the two squares together:


6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely blackwork, I like both colours. Do you know what you are doing with it when finished? That may affect your colour choice.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie said...

Beautiful. I like it with multiple colors but some people have really beautiful pieces with just one too. Good luck deciding.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is another nice block. Maybe you could alternate the two colours and make a chequerboard pattern?

Kaisievic said...

I like both colours, I would keep going with new colours.

Rachel said...

Personally I don't like 'black'work so I'd be tempted to use strong vibrant colours or variegated threads as you're doing, or maybe different shades of one colour? There are so many options but I think Clare is right, your colour choices might ultimately depend on what you are intending to do with the finished piece. Good luck deciding! :)