Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year! and End of a Rotation

 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I hope 2020 is good to you and yours and is happy and prosperous too!
 
We had a rather quiet New Year's Eve last night.  We have a friend who typically calls at midnight to wish us a Happy New Year and catch up on what's happened the past year.  Lately he's been calling at 9:00 PST since we're all getting older and don't usually make it until midnight.  This was the highlight of our evening.

We did manage to stay up until midnight this year; the fireworks from Disneyland were loud and long so we probably would have been awakened anyway.

I spent the evening stitching and finished the rotation on Let's Learn from Our Cats from Ursula Michael.
This is being stitched on 14-count Lite Blue Aida with my choice of colors since the original chart was in primary colors and I'm not a fan.  This is after 10 hours of stitching. 

I haven't made any official plans for the coming year, but I am going to continue with my SALs and hope to finish a few WIPs too. I have chosen a few projects I want to work on in January though and hope to stitch every day.

I'm going back to my OAAT rotation this year.  Large projects will be rotated after 10 hours, smaller projects when finished.  With a couple of exceptions, I'm planning to stitch on one project per evening.

Up next: Furry Tales Happy New Year Mouse


6 comments:

Rachel said...

I love Ursula Michael pieces, although have only stitched one so far. That kitty is so cute and your substitute colours look great.
Good luck with your 2020 non-plans! I hope they work out for you. Looking forward to seeing your Furry Tales piece! :)

butterfly said...

Lovely stitch I like the cute design .
Happy New Year , your stitching plans sounds good to me.

Tiffstitch said...

Happy New Year! A great way to finish off the year. Nice colour choices.

Katie said...

Sounds like great plans. Hope they work for you well. I will be here cheering you along. Love the colors you've picked. I need to work on my word play charts again sometime this year. I miss them.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Happy New Year, good luck with your stitching plans

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy New Year to you too. I do like the colours you've chosen for the cat design.