Sunday, January 12, 2020

Happy Dance - St. Nicholas

Started: 1/4/2020
Finished: 1/11/2020

This is St. Nicholas, a Mill Hill Charmed Faces Santa from several years ago.  It's stitched as charted with the provided materials.  The only exception is that I used two strands of floss for the cross  stitch instead of the three called for.  I also left off the charm since it seemed to have enough bling without it. This is finish #2 for the year and took approximately 9 1/2 hours to stitch.
 
I've noticed that his hat isn't on straight, but it's stuck on pretty tight, so I figure no one will notice once it's on my tree.    It's also fully finished, but I'll save that picture for the Fully Finished Gallery SAL next month.

Next Up: Moose Joy (2019 JCS Ornament Issue by Angel Stitchin)

5 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

He's great, his hat makes him look quite life like.

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your finish. He's very charismatic and certainly different to a traditional Santa. Good to know you're already ahead for February's FFG! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work. I have a couple of these I want to make. I like the more jaunty angle of his hat!

Katie said...

Congrats on the finish and finished finish is even better.

Astrids dragon said...

I don't remember seeing that one before, he looks great! And I thought the hat was supposed to look that way.