Monday, January 13, 2020

WIPacolypse - Introduction

The WIPacolypse SAL is  meant to help you finish all your WIPs before the end of the world.  Check out Measi's Blog to get more information and/or see other stitchers' posts.  For this post, we're supposed to introduce ourselves and share our goals for the year.

My name is Cathy and I'm married to David.  We are both retired and live about a mile from the Happiest Place on Earth. We have a daughter (Janice), a son-in-law (Devin) and the best granddaughter ever (Kyleigh).  Since I have out-of-state family that follow my blog, you'll definitely hear more about them in future posts.

My primary hobby is cross stitching, but I also enjoy reading, mostly mysteries and Amish fiction.  We also enjoy traveling in our motorhome, but haven't done much recently.  I've been cross stitching for about 60 years and do a lot of stitching for charity groups.

My goals for this year are:

1) Stitch Deer Scene from Dimensions.  This is for the BJD Year Long SAL on Cross Stitch Frogbusters.  It will be a new start that has to be started by March 15th.

2)  Finish Let's Learn From Our Cat by Ursula Michael. This is where it is as of the first of the year.  It was a new start in December and is not quite 1/4 done.


3) Finish Big Trees.  Again, this is where it was at the first of the year.  I haven't quite reached the bottom of the chart, but it is about 1/2 done.

4) Finish the Advent Animals by Brooke's Books.  I only have five left to stitch and hope to do one a month or at least one every other month.  #18 is done, but not shown in the picture below.

5)  Finish Tinkerbell - Spring Blossoms.  This one is almost 3/4 done and has been a WIP for so long, I don't remember when I started it.

6) Finish Leslie Teare's Owl SAL.  I have five months left to do and again hope to complete one a month or at least every other month.  Sorry, no pictures, because I only have the charts.

7) Complete the Peppermint Purple Year Long Blackwork SAL on Facebook.  There will be 52 squares on this project with a new square coming out each Wednesday.

8) Complete the 2020 Stitcher's Challenge on Q4OC (Quilts for Older Children and Adults).  There are three squares to be completed for this challenge.  I was given:  Aladdin & Jasmine (Royalty),  Picachu (Pokemon) and various sea creatures.  If I complete and mail them all by 12/1/2020, I will receive a packet of 12 floss.  (No pictures because I only have the charts)

In addition to these, I'll be stitching smaller pieces for Christmas ornaments, Charity Quilts and Kyleigh's quilt which still needs a few more squares.

I'm really hoping to be better motivated and not go into months long slumps like I did last year.


11 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Great goals, Cathy - good luck with them!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice to meet you! Some great choices there. I do like the Brooke's Book's Advent Animals. Even if the series would take me ages to stitch.

Beth in IL said...

Nice to see more join the fun! Look forward to your posts.

LindaLee said...

Your stitching is beautiful, and that deer one is fantastic. I would love to stitch that one up myself!
It looks like you stay very busy creating beautiful pieces. Way to go.
I'm LindaLee from Love'N My Stitches, and I'm now your newest follower. I plan on stopping in often. Stitches to you my friend.

Rachel said...

I think your plans are very sensible! You have some lovely projects in there, and if you manage to keep up the momentum of stitching on some of them every month or other month then hopefully that will keep up the motivation too. Good luck! :)

LindaLee said...

Cathy! I am so sorry for posting the wrong follower and blog address on my own blog. I've gone back and corrected it for us. Love ya.

Linda said...

I so love all of the projects your working on Cathy. Good luck with all of your goals. I'm going to look into QFOCAD. I crochet beanies and blankets for charity.

Linda

Katie said...

Fantastic goals. That deer is just beautiful! You peeked my curiosity at sea creatures too. We all know I love sea creatures. So I will look forward to seeing them. I'll be here cheering you along.

Faith... said...

Great plans for 2020. I wish you happy stitching on with all your pieces.

Tiffstitch said...

Great plans and I hope things go smoothly for you to get lots done on everything!

Astrids dragon said...

Fantastic goals for your WIPS and new stitching! I really want to start the Advent Animals, they are so adorable.