Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Happy Birthday to Me

January 6th was my 70th birthday.  My husband took me to breakfast at a favorite restaurant and then we met Devin, Janice and Kyleigh for dinner at Olive Garden.

Kyleigh handed me a balloon filled with helium that said "Happy Birthday" on it, so the restaurant knew we were celebrating a birthday; they just didn't know we were celebrating two (both mine and Devin's).

They brought us each a dessert and sang "Happy Birthday".  I'd forgotten my phone so I asked Janice to take a picture of it.
After the picture was taken, Janice had Devin and I switch desserts, since this was raspberry cheesecake and his was chocolate mousse.  She knew I'd prefer the chocolate!  BTW, Kyleigh ate the Happy Birthday.

I didn't receive anything stitching related for Christmas, but I did get two gift cards for my birthday.  One was from Jo Ann's and the other from 123Stitch so I see shopping in my future.

7 comments:

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Happy Birthday!
Daniela

Katie said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great day. Enjoy spending your GCs.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Congrats on your birthday, mine was on the 5th and I hit 71. Love the desserts. big hugs

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Birthday to you! The dessert looks lovely. Looking forward to seeing what you spend your giftcards on.

Rachel said...

Belated Happy Birthday. What a breakfast treat. :)

Faith... said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a great day with your family.

Kaisievic said...

Happy Birthday to you, sounds like a lovely day.