Friday, January 3, 2020

Happy Birthday, Devin!

Today is my son-in-law's birthday.  Since Janice and Kyleigh are out of town, we will be celebrating our birthdays together on Monday this year.  We usually do celebrate them together and choose a mutually agreeable restaurant, but this year since we're celebrating on my 70th birthday, he's letting me choose.

Last year for his 40th birthday, he chose to go to Johnny Reb's, a southern style restaurant where you shell peanuts and throw the shells on the floor.  Sadly, they've closed the one near us.  They had a tradition/ceremony for those celebrating a birthday there. 

First, you have to kiss a metal pig, but you have a choice as to whether you kiss his nose or his ass.  Kissing his ass gives you good luck for a whole year so guess where Devin kissed.  

 Then you have to dance around and stomp on all the peanut shells.

I knew they did this and didn't want to participate so I celebrated my birthday a couple of days later at Famous Dave's.  There, they sing Happy Birthday and give you a free ice cream sundae. The picture in my profile shows the size of the sundae.

3 comments:

butterfly said...

Happy Birthday and New Year.

Rachel said...

Well, Happy birthday to you! Hope you have a great day. :)

Katie said...

How fun. Happy Early Birthday!