Friday, May 1, 2020

April Recap and Maynia Plans

I stitched on seven projects this month, starting four new ones and finishing three, two of which were new starts.  I stitched 27 out of the 30 days in April.

I did 10 hour rotations on Deer Scene and The Royals which was a new start.
Deer Scene as of 4/8/2020
The Royals (Jasmne and Aladdin) as of 4/28/2020
I continued working on the Peppermint Purple Year Long SAL and have completed 18 blocks.
As of 4/30/2020
My finishes were the Cheerleader, Easter Lizzie and Trimming the Tree.
Cheerleader - Lucie Heaton (Cross Stitch Crazy #256
Easter Lizzie - Lucie Heaton (purchased from her website)

Trimming the Tree - Blue Ribbon Designs (2019 JCS Ornament Issue)
I also had a new start that I didn't manage to finish yet.
My Pad as of 4/30/2020
Before I get to my monthly statistics which are probably boring for some people, I'll share my plans for Maynia.  This is the second time I've participated in Maynia; the first time was in 2018 when I started all of the remaining Advent Animals by Brooke's Books. 

This time, I'm taking a suggestion from someone on Facebook and doing a Mill Hill Mania.  I pulled and listed all of my small Mill Hill kits (all 52 of them) and eliminated the ones I knew I'd never stitch and a couple of duplicates.  That left 43 of them so I used a random generator to determine which ones would be stitched and in which order.  I plan to post my Maynia progress once a week so you'll have to wait to see what I've picked.

I've also decided to try stitching 30 minutes a day on one specific project.  This is a modification of the one-stitch-a-day challenges from Measi.  The project I'm planning to use for this is The Royals.  You can see my starting point above.
 
Statistics:

Days Stitched This Month (at least 1/2 hour) =27
Days Stitched This Year (at least 1/2 hour) = 118 (possible = 122)
Total Hours Stitched This Month = 46 hours and 32 minutes
Total Hours Stitched This Year = 201 hours and 1 minute
Number of Projects Worked on This Month = 7
Number of Unique Projects Worked on This Year = 22
Number of Projects Started This Month = 4
Number of Projects Started This Year = 21
Number of Projects Finished This Month = 3 
Number of Projects Finished This Year = 18
 

8 comments:

Julie said...

I saw on Katie's blog she is doing Mill Hill kits too ... it will be interesting to see which you both choose.

Unknown said...

Wednesday Update - 5/29/2019 Saw your post from May 20019. I hope you can help me. I've been working on this kit forever, but lost page 1 top left. Spring Blossoms Tinkerbell, would it be possible to get a photo copy of it? I will reimburse you in full. Can provide photos. I hope you can help me, I'm pretty desperate. Diane dmdj1@hotmail.com

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work this month and a nice start on the froggie.
A Mill Hill Maynia will be fun. I wonder if you and Katie will have any of the same designs started?

Faith... said...

That cheerleader is so cute! Can't wait to see your Mill Hill line up!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely stitching, I'm looking forward to seeing your Mill Hill Maynia

Annie said...

The colours of Deer scene are amazing! I've never managed to keep track of my stitching time so I'm very impressed with those who do:) Have a good week!

Katie said...

I'm glad to see another Mill Hill Mayniac haha. Can't wait to see which ones you work on. I'm really enjoying mine so much I haven't worked on anything else.

Rachel said...

I love statistics so am quite happy to read them!
I know Maynia is over now, but I'm looking forward to reading May's posts and seeing which kits you stitched on and how much you achieved. :)