Friday, May 8, 2020

Stitch Maynia: Days 1 - 7

For Maynia this year, I've chosen to stitch 31 Mill Hill ornament size kits, starting one each day for approximately 30 minutes.  These were chosen using a Random Number Generator and this week's kits have been in my stash for awhile.

 Father Frost is one of the Charmed Santa Faces and I stitched for 30 minutes on the bottom of his hat. 
Day 1 - Father Frost

Snowman Fun is a snowman tangled in Christmas Lights and is part of the Winter Holiday Collection.  I stitched for 30 minutes on his scarf.
Day 2 - Snow Fun

Violin is one of the Holiday Harmony musical instruments.  I stitched on the neck and body of the violin for 34 minutes, because I wanted to finish the length of thread I was using.
Day 3 - Violin


Baseball Mitt. is part of the Spring Bouquet Collection.  I only stitched on the baseball in the center of the mitt.  It took me 30 minutes to do this and there was some frogging involved, because the backstitching for the baseball's seams covered some of the stitches.
Day 4 - Baseball Mitt

Frosty is a Charmed Mitten Ornament.  Yes, it will be a snowman.  I stitched some of the background which took 32 minutes.
Day 5 - Frosty

American Star is a  part of the Political and Olympic Pins Collection.  I stitched the blue star field for 33 minutes, because I wanted to finish the field.
Day 6 - American Star

Santa Jingles is another of the Charmed Santa Faces.  I spent 30 minutes working on his hat which included partially adding the bottom row of beads.
Day 7 - Santa Jingles

In addition, I'd planned to stitch for at least 30 minutes every day in May on the Royals. I've actually stitched a total of 3 hours and 50 minutes so I'm ahead of myself by 20 minutes.  The first image was scanned and shows the true colors.  The second image was taken with my cell phone with the project still on the Q-Snaps.
As of 4/30/2020
As of 5/7/2020



5 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fantastic start to Maynia, you chose some varied designs for the first week.

Julie said...

Great start to Maynia, well done.

Katie said...

Fantastic work on everything!!

Astrids dragon said...

I love that you're doing all Mill Hills for Maynia and you're off to a great start!
The Royals are looking adorable already.

Rachel said...

That's a great start to Maynia, and seeing as all of your projects are small ornies, hopefully won't clog up your WIP basket for too long. :)